|Megan Azzalina||Lisa-Marie Lanciotti|
ONEONTA, NY—The University of Scranton women’s tennis team dropped a 7-2 decision to SUNY Oneonta Saturday afternoon.
Despite the loss, Royal junior Megan Azzalina (Easton, Pa./Notre Dame) remained undefeated in singles play, topping Emily Maggiore, 6-1, 6-3, at the number two position in the lineup to improve to 3-0 this year and 23-10 (.696) in her career.
Scranton’s other point was recorded in doubles, as junior Lisa-Marie Lanciotti (Northport, NY/Kings Park) and freshman Dana Ranney (Morristown, NJ/Madison) defeated Olivia Stauffer and Abigail Smith, 8-2, at the number three position in the lineup.
With the win, Oneonta St. improves to 7-3.
The results of today’s match are as follows:
1. Brynn Sussman/Lauren Skolnick (O) def. Devon Cohen/Emily Walsh, 8-1
2. Emily Maggiore/Colette Lankowicz (O) def. Emily Machado/Megan Azzalina, 8-1
3. Lisa-Marie Lanciotti/Dana Ranney (S) def. Olivia Stauffer/Abigail Smith, 8-2
1. Brynn Sussman (O) def. Devon Cohen, 7-6 (7-0), 6-3
2. Megan Azzalina (S) def. Emily Maggiore, 6-1, 6-3
3. Lauren Skolnick (O) def. Emily Machado, 6-1, 6-1
4. Colette Lankowicz (O) def. Lisa-Marie Lanciotti, 7-6, 6-3
5. Michelle Spencer (O) def. Courtney Barron, 6-4, 6-1
6. Jenna Conklin (O) def. Valerie Bott, 6-2, 6-0