Job Purpose: To assist the Recreation Staff with the operation of the Recreation Sports Office and Programs.
1. Maintain general security by checking University ID's and membership cards of everyone entering the rec. facility.
2. Collect membership fees and applications and issue receipts.
3. Collect guest fees.
4. Answer the telephone, give information, and take messages.
5. Take reservations for open recreation in the gym.
6. Distribute/collect requested open recreation equipment.
7. Other duties as assigned by the rec. staff.
1. Communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to interact diplomatically with those usuing the facility.
2. Ability to work independently and carry out assigments with minimal direction.
3. Must be punctual, dependable and dedicated.
4. Must have basic first-aid and CPR certification, as well as knowledge of procedures for reporting injuries or other incidents.
5. Must be competent, assertive, and able to deal with the variety of situations that may arise.
6. Must be mature and responsible.