The best the Landmark Conference has to offer in baseball will descend on Volpe Field this weekend for the Landmark Conference Championship, beginning with a pair of games on Friday.
Action begins with a pair of games Friday, starting with top-seeded Catholic (27-12) taking on fourth-seeded Moravian (18-20) at 3:30 p.m. The second game features second-seeded Elizabethtown (20-17) against third-seeded Scranton (20-17) at 7 p.m.
Here is the complete schedule for the three-day championship:
- Friday, May 11
- Game #1 – Moravian vs. Catholic, 3:30 p.m.
- Game #2 – Scranton vs. Elizabethtown, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 12
- Game #3 – Game #1 Loser vs. Game #2 Loser, 11 a.m.
- Game #4 – Game #1 Winner vs. Game #2 Winner, 2:30 p.m.
- Game #5 – Game #3 Winner vs. Game #4 Loser, 6 p.m.
- Sunday, May 13
- Game #6 – Game #5 Winner vs. Game #4 Winner, 10:30 a.m.
- Game #7 – Necessary only if Game #5 Winner also wins Game #6. Game time is 30 minutes following the completion of Game #6.
The Royals earned a spot in the playoffs by finishing 11-7 in Landmark Conference play. They are making their fifth appearance in the Landmark Conference postseason and first since 2015. The Royals advanced to Game #6 in 2008, 2011 and 2013.
Admission is $8 for adults and $5 for seniors and students ages 10-17. All youths under the age of 10 will be admitted free of charge, as well as students, faculty and staff from Landmark Conference institutions with school ID. Admission will be charged each day. Pets are also not allowed at the Quinn Athletics Campus.
All games will be available on live video at https://portal.stretchinternet.com/scranton/ with veteran play-by-play man Dean Corwin calling the action for each game except Game #3. Live stats will also be available for each game on each team's website or at http://www.landmarkconference.org/composite.