Field Hockey Prospective Student-Athletes
The University of Scranton Field Hockey program is guided by the principals of a Jesuit education. We are looking for prospective student-athletes who strive for excellence in all areas of their life, who look to improve and challenge themselves on a daily basis and have the commitment and determination to achieve. Team members are expected to put academic achievement, athletics, and service to the community at the forefront of their personal development.
The coaching staff recruits student-athletes who have the ability and desire to help the program compete on a regional and national level. In order to be fully considered for our program, interested players should follow these steps:
The Recruiting Process
1. Contact Head Coach Colleen Moyer at email@example.com
2. Complete our Recruit Questionnaire (Located Here)
3. Email Head Coach Colleen Moyer a copy of your club and high school team schedules.
4. Send us your game film. Please mail your DVD to the address below or, if your film has an online link, you can email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Scranton Athletics
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510
5. Attend one of our ID clinics. Our team hosts ID clinics the spring and summer for field hockey players entering grades 9-12. This is the best way for us to evaluate whether you fit into our program and style of play. Attendance at the clinics is not mandatory; however, it will give you the chance to meet members of the team, play under the guidance of the coaching staff, and separate yourself from other prospective student-athletes.
6. Visit campus with your parents. Please inform Coach Moyer in advance with some anticipated dates in order to set up a meeting to discuss the field hockey program. Coach Moyer will confirm availability, which will then allow you to schedule a campus tour and information session through our Admissions office. Contact our Admissions office at 1-888-SCRANTON or online at http://admissions.scranton.edu/visit/ to schedule a campus visit. It is highly recommended that you schedule and attend both an information session and campus tour.
7. Attend one of our games. Watching us play will give you a first-hand look at our team in action. Inform Coach Moyer of your attendance in advance so the coaching staff can meet you at the end of the game. View our schedule here.