Carl Danzig has had his share of successes during his 16 seasons as men's basketball coach at The University of Scranton. Eight conference championships, nine NCAA Tournament appearances, four conference players of the year and two All-Americans highlight his time leading the Royals.
Now, he's on the verge of adding another impressive number to his coaching resume – 300 career victories.
When the Royals (12-5, 4-2 Landmark) travel to Madison, N.J. to take on Drew (9-8, 3-3 Landmark) in a Landmark Conference game on Wednesday at 7 p.m., Danzig will walk to the visitors' bench before tip-off as the owner of 299 career victories. A win over the Rangers would give him the milestone victory.
Danzig sports a career record of 299-129, which includes a 25-5 mark against Drew. His 25 wins against the Rangers are his most against any opponent.
Here's a look at the milestone victories in Carl Danzig's career:
- No. 1 -- Nov. 20, 2001, an 82-77 victory at Connecticut College;
- No. 100 – Feb. 10, 2007, a 90-59 victory against Delaware Valley in the Long Center;
- No. 150 – Jan. 22, 2010, an 80-62 victory over Catholic in the Long Center;
- No. 200 – March 2, 2012, a 70-67 overtime victory over Messiah in the NCAA Tournament first round at William Paterson;
- No. 250 – Dec. 6, 2014, a 61-48 win over Juniata in the Long Center.
Live video of the Royals' game at Drew on Wednesday is available at https://portal.stretchinternet.com/drew/.