SCRANTON - The University of Scranton men's swimming & diving team finished off a three-meet homestand in style on Saturday, as the Royals rolled through Misericordia in a dual meet, 184.5-65.5.
With the win, Scranton is now 4-2 overall on the year. Here are some highlights from today's meet:
- Both of Scranton's "A" relay teams were victorious on the day, taking the 400-medley relay (3:40.90) and 400-freestyle relay (3:21.75)
- Junior's John Cannilla (Florham Park, N.J./Oratory Prep) and Matt Mills (Sewell, N.J./Washington Township) were two-time winners on the afternoon.
- Cannilla won the 1000-freestyle in 10:45.45 and the 500-freestyle in 4:57.95, while Mills captured the 50-backstroke (26.19) and 200-breaststroke (2:15.65).
- Also winning two events was senior Jack Donnelly (Sewell, N.J./Washington Township) who took the 50-butterfly (23.86) and 50-breaststroke (26.55)
- Other winners on the day for Scranton were: sophomore's Evan Morgan (Hillsborough, N.J./Hillsborough) in the 200-freestyle (1:50.34), John Fimmano (Southbury, Conn./Pomperaug) in the 200-butterfly (2:04.80) and Michael Krumenacker (Ambler, Pa./St. Joseph's Prep) in the 50-freestyle (22.62), while senior Gregory Spicka (Morris Plains, N.J./Seton Hall Prep) won the 200-backstroke (2:08.22).
The University of Scranton men's swimming & diving team returns to action next weekend, taking part in the 2019 Diamond City Invitational in Wilkes-Barre on both Saturday and Sunday.