|Michael Diana||Jack Donnelly||Matt Mills|
MADISON, N.J. - Senior Michael Diana (Somerset, N.J./Immaculata-Somerville) broke a meet record in the three-meter dive to highlight the final day of the Ranger Invitational at Drew on Saturday, as the Royals finished second as a team overall in the event.
Here are some highlights from the day in Madison, New Jersey.
- Diana won the three-meter dive with a meet record mark of 220.50. In the one-meter dive, Diana was second with a score of 193.25.
- In the morning session, junior Jack Donnelly (Washington Crossing, Pa./Council Rock North) was victorious in the 100-breaststroke with a time of 58.29. Meanwhile, in the 200-butterfly, junior John Fimmano (Southbury, Conn./Pomperaug) was second overall with a time of 2:02.22, while freshman Kyle Kovalenko (Pennsburg, Pa./Upper Perkiomen) was runner-up with Donnelly in the 100-breaststroke (59.16).
- The morning session ended for Scranton strong, as the Royals' 800-freestyle relay team collected a runner-up finish with a time of 7:20.41.
- The afternoon session saw junior Matt Mills (Sewell, N.J./Washington Township) take the 200-breaststroke after hitting the wall in 2:10.77.
- In the final event of the weekend, the Royals' 400-freestyle relay team finished strong, as they hit the wall in 3:17.02 to finish second overall.
The University of Scranton men's swimming & diving team will now take a long break to celebrate the Holiday season, returning to action on Jan. 15 at Elizabethtown. The action starts at 5:30 p.m.