ELIZABETHTOWN, Pa. – Sophomore Evan Morgan (Hillsborough, N.J./Hillsborough) recorded a pair of victories and the University of Scranton men's swimming and diving team registered a 121-84 victory over Elizabethtown in dual meet action on Wednesday night at Alumni Pool in Elizabethtown.
With the win, the Royals improved to 5-2 in dual meets on the season. Here are some of the highlights from Wednesday's meet:
- Morgan captured the 200 free in a time of 1:52.03, just ahead of the Blue Jays' Austin Dolaway who finished second in 1:52.23. Morgan also added a victory in the 500 freestyle as he touched the wall in 5:11.24.
- Both of Scranton's relay teams came away victorious in the 200 medley and 400 freestyle relays.
- The relay quartet of senior Gregory Spicka (Morris Plains, N.J./Seton Hall Prep), junior Jack Donnelly (Washington Crossing, Pa./Council Rock North), senior Timothy Quigley (Hatboro, Pa./Archbishop Wood) and junior Matt Mills (Sewell, N.J./Washington Township) won the 200 medley relay in a time of 1:40.96, while freshman Michael Krumenacker (Ambler, Pa./St. Joseph's Prep), junior John Fimmano (Southbury, Conn./Pomperaug), Morgan and junior John Cannilla (Florham Park, N.J./Oratory Prep) captured the 400 free relay in 3:28.34.
- Other winners on the night for the Royals included Krumenacker in the 100 freestyle with a time of 50.99 and Mills in the 100 breaststroke in a time of 1:01.68.
- Quigley finished second in both the 200 IM with a time of 2:10.75 and 100 breaststroke in a time of 1:04.19.
The University of Scranton men's swimming and diving team will host Drew in a dual meet inside the Byron Center on Saturday, Jan. 18 at 1 p.m.