|Matt Mills||Jack Donnelly||Timothy Quigley|
SCRANTON - In their first dual meet inside the Bryon Center since November, The University of Scranton men's swimming & diving team fell just short against visiting Drew on Friday evening, losing by a score of 132-129 to the visiting Rangers.
With the loss, Scranton dropped to 6-3 overall on the year in dual meets. Here are some highlights from the evening.
- The night kicked off well for the Royals, as Scranton's 200-medley relay team captured a win in the first event of the evening with a time of 1:37.96. On the team for Scranton was junior's Matt Mills (Sewell, N.J./Washington Township), Jack Donnelly (Washington Crossing, Pa./Council Rock North), and John Fimmano (Southbury, Conn./Pomperaug), along with senior Timothy Quigley (Hatboro, Pa./Archbishop Wood).
- Individually, Donnelly went on to win the 100-breaststroke, taking the event with a time of 59.49 to edge teammate Quigley (who hit the wall in 1:00.94). This was followed up with another win by Fimmano, who captured the 200-butterfly in 2:02.34, taking the event by almost five seconds.
- Later on in the program, Mills collected a victory in the 200-backstroke, hitting the wall in 2:00.11.
- Donnelly then became a two-time winner with a victory in the 200-breaststroke in a time of 2:15.49. Quigley was able to do the same thing in the 100-breaststroke, taking that event with a mark of 52.98.
- Scranton's final two-time winner was Mills, who captured the last individual event - the 200-IM - in a time of 2:01.75.
- The meet came down the final event of the night - the 400-freestyle relay - where Scranton was edged by Drew by just over two seconds.
The University of Scranton men's swimming & diving team returns to action on Saturday, January 25 when they host Susquehanna in their 2019-20 home season finale. The meet, which will also serve as the program's senior day, will begin at 1 p.m.