|Michael Diana||John Cannilla|
GERMANTOWN, Md. – The University of Scranton men's swimming and diving team notched a pair of second place finishes on night one of the 2020 Landmark Conference Championships at the Germantown Indoor Swim Center on Friday night in Germantown.
The Royals sit in fourth with 165 points after night one of the championships. Catholic leads the team standings with 292 points.
Below are some of the highlights from Friday's action:
- Scranton's 400 medley relay quartet of junior Matt Mills (Sewell, N.J./Washington Township), junior Jack Donnelly (Washington Crossing, Pa./Council Rock North), senior Timothy Quigley (Hatboro, Pa./Archbishop Wood) and junior John Fimmano (Southbury, Conn./Pomperaug) set a program record as they took second with a time of 3:26.97.
- Senior Michael Diana (Somerset, N.J./Immaculata-Somerville) earned All-Landmark Conference honors by finishing second in one-meter diving with a score of 375.15 points.
- Junior John Cannilla (Florham Park, N.J./Oratory Prep) took third in the 500 freestyle with a program-record time of 4:44.29.
- Freshman Michael Krumenacker (Ambler, Pa./St. Joseph's Prep), Donnelly, Fimmano and Mills finished fourth in the 200 free relay in a time of 1:25.60, falling just short of the program record of 1:25.27.
- Donnelly finished sixth in the 50 freestyle with a program record time of 21.57.
The Royals return to action on Day Two of the 2020 Landmark Conference Championships on Saturday. Click here for the schedule of events, live video and live results.