Women's Lacrosse Prospective Student Athletes
The University of Scranton women’s lacrosse program embraces the principles of a Jesuit education to the fullest extent. Guided by the principle of “cura personalis,” or “care of the whole person,” student-athletes are encouraged to become involved with service, learn to think on their own, and lead well-balanced lives so they can “go forth and set the world on fire” upon graduating from the University of Scranton. The women’s lacrosse program seeks student-athletes who strive for excellence, and members of the team are asked to put academics, athletics and service at the forefront of their personal development.
The coaching staff looks for athletes who want to help the program compete on a regional and national level. The program demands its athletes be in their best physical condition possible, develop and maintain superior skills and possess an excellent knowledge of the game.
THE RECRUITING PROCESS
It is important for rising high school seniors and juniors to understand this process so they can be fully considered for our program. For players interested in pursuing our program, follow these steps:
1. Contact Head Coach Chrissy Trescavage at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Fill out our Recruit Questionnaire (located here)
3. Email Head Coach Chrissy Trescavage a copy of your club and high school team schedules.
4. Attend one of our clinics in the summer and fall, which is the best way for us to evaluate whether you fit into our program and our style of play. Although, attendance at the clinics is not mandatory, the clinic gives you the chance to meet members of the team, play under the guidance of the coaching staff and separate yourself from other prospective student-athletes. Our past clinics have proven very fruitful in our recruiting efforts.
5. Visit our campus with your parents. Contact our Admissions Office at 1-888-SCRANTON or on our website at http://admissions.scranton.edu/visit/ to schedule such a visit. It is highly recommended that you attend both an information session and a campus tour. Please inform Coach Wilson when you will be visiting in order to set up a meeting.
6. Send us your game film. Clearly label your team color and your jersey number and mail the DVD to the address below. Or, you can email a link of your film to email@example.com.
University of Scranton Athletics
John Long Center 209
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510
7. Plan to make it to one of our games. Watching us play will give you the chance to see our team in action and see first-hand the level of skill, passion and dedication that our players possess. View our schedule here.