|High School:||Allentown Central Catholic|
- Three-year letter-winner with a 84-37 career record to rank fifth in program history in career wins
- Has 15 career pins, tied for 16th most in Scranton history
- Has posted nine top-four tournament finishes
- Is a two-time NWCA Scholar All-American
Junior Year (2018-19)
- Recorded a 36-11 overall record at 285, posting the third-most wins in a season in Scranton history
- Finished fifth at the NCA Mideast Regional Championships
- Totaled seven pins, four technical falls, and four major decisions
- Went 16-3 in dual meets.
- Fastest pin was at the 1:32 mark on Jan. 27 vs. Jake Kelly of Penn State Behrend
- Placed third at the Will Abele Invitational, fourth at the RIT Invitational, and fifth at the Wilkes Open
Sophomore Year (2017-18)
- Posted a 23-13 record, moving to 285 pounds from 197 midway through the season.
- Had four victories by pin and went 8-4 in dual match competition.
- Finished fourth at 197 pounds at the Ned McGinley Invitational at King's on Nov. 4.
- Finished second at 197 pounds to help the Royals win the Jim Crytzer Memorial Invitational at Washington and Lee on Jan. 6.
- Picked up four victories at the Messiah Open on Feb. 3.
- Won twice at the NCAA East Regional on Feb. 24-25 at Lycoming.
Freshman Year (2016-17)
- Had an impressive freshman campaign, finishing 25-12, all at 197 pounds.
- His 25 victories were fourth-best on the team and the 14th-most in a single season in Scranton history.
- Went 15-4 in dual match competition.
- Had four victories by way of pin.
- Finished fourth at 197 pounds at the Monarch Invitational on Nov. 5 in his first collegiate event.
- Posted a season-high six straight victories over three events rom Nov. 19 to Dec. 3.
- Went 2-2 at the NCAA East Regional on Feb. 24-25 in York, Pa.
Awards & Honors
- NWCA Scholar All-American (2017, 2019)
- University of Scranton Athlete of the Week (Dec. 5, 2016; Jan. 7, 2019)
- Earned three varsity letters in wrestling at Allentown Central Catholic.
- Won his weight class at the Catasaqua Rough Rider tournament as a senior.
- Also won his weight class at the Coal Cracker tournament as a junior.
- Earned all-state honors as a senior while finishing fourth at both the district and regional meets.
- Finished sixth at the district meet as a junior.
- Finished his high school career with 60 victories.
- Son of John Connelly and Renee Morrow-Connelly. His father wrestled at N.C. State.
- Has a brother, Caleb.