|High School:||Allentown Central Catholic|
- Four-year letterwinner who became Scranton's third All-American all-time at the end of his senior season
- Posted a 118-40 record in his career; 118 victories are the third-most in the history of the program
- Had 21 career pins, the ninth-best mark in the history of the program
- Posted 11 top-four tournament finishes
- Finished his career as a three-time NWCA Scholar All-American
Senior Year (2019-20)
- Went 34-4 in his final season in the program, including a 24-1 mark in dual meets
- Had seven wins via pinfall, four by major decision and one by technical fall
- Qualified for the 2020 NCAA Championship with a second place finish in the 285-pound weight class at the NCAA Mideast Regionals
- Also had a second place finish at the Wilkes Open (Dec. 22)
- Opened the season with 12 straight victories and ended the year winning 15 of his final 16 bouts, including a streak of 15 victories in a row from Jan. 11 through Mar. 1
- Fastest pinfall victory of the year came vs. Issac Santiago of King's on Feb. 14 in 53 seconds
Junior Year (2018-19)
- Recorded a 36-11 overall record at 285, posting the third-most wins in a season in Scranton history
- Finished fifth at the NCAA Mideast Regional Championships
- Totaled seven pins, four technical falls, and four major decisions
- Went 16-3 in dual meets.
- Fastest pin was at the 1:32 mark on Jan. 27 vs. Jake Kelly of Penn State Behrend
- Placed third at the Will Abele Invitational, fourth at the RIT Invitational, and fifth at the Wilkes Open
Sophomore Year (2017-18)
- Posted a 23-13 record, moving to 285 pounds from 197 midway through the season.
- Had four victories by pin and went 8-4 in dual match competition.
- Finished fourth at 197 pounds at the Ned McGinley Invitational at King's on Nov. 4.
- Finished second at 197 pounds to help the Royals win the Jim Crytzer Memorial Invitational at Washington and Lee on Jan. 6.
- Picked up four victories at the Messiah Open on Feb. 3.
- Won twice at the NCAA East Regional on Feb. 24-25 at Lycoming.
Freshman Year (2016-17)
- Had an impressive freshman campaign, finishing 25-12, all at 197 pounds.
- His 25 victories were fourth-best on the team and the 14th-most in a single season in Scranton history.
- Went 15-4 in dual match competition.
- Had four victories by way of pin.
- Finished fourth at 197 pounds at the Monarch Invitational on Nov. 5 in his first collegiate event.
- Posted a season-high six straight victories over three events from Nov. 19 to Dec. 3.
- Went 2-2 at the NCAA East Regional on Feb. 24-25 in York, Pa.
Awards & Honors
- 2020 NWCA Division III Third Team All-American (285 pounds)
- 2020 NCAA Division III National Championship Qualifier at 285 Pounds
- NWCA Scholar All-American (2017, 2019, 2020)
- University of Scranton Athlete of the Week (Dec. 5, 2016; Jan. 7, 2019; Nov. 25, 2019; Jan. 13, 2020; Mar. 2, 2020)
- Earned three varsity letters in wrestling at Allentown Central Catholic.
- Won his weight class at the Catasaqua Rough Rider tournament as a senior.
- Also won his weight class at the Coal Cracker tournament as a junior.
- Earned all-state honors as a senior while finishing fourth at both the district and regional meets.
- Finished sixth at the district meet as a junior.
- Finished his high school career with 60 victories.
- Son of John Connelly and Renee Morrow-Connelly. His father wrestled at N.C. State.
- Has a brother, Caleb.