22 - Tina Akalski
|Hometown:||Long Beach, N.Y.|
|High School:||Kellenberg Memorial|
- Four-year letter-winner who played in 64 matches, including 60 starts.
- A three-time NSCAA all-region honoree.
- Had 16 goals and five assists for 37 career points.
- Scored six career match-winning goals.
Senior Year (2016)
- Was limited to six matches, including two starts, due to injury.
- Started the first two matches of the season, then returned for the final four, including three postseason matches.
- Finished with seven shots.
Junior Year (2015)
- Played in 17 matches, starting each one as an attacking midfielder.
- Finished with four goals and one assist for nine points.
- Three of her four goals came against Landmark Conference foes.
- Led the team with 41 shots, including 22 on goal.
- Had a pair of goals, including the game-winner, in a 3-0 win over Susquehanna on Sept. 26 at Fitzpatrick Field.
- Scored on her only shot in a 3-2 loss at Catholic in the Landmark Conference championship match on Nov. 7 in Washington, D.C.
- Also scored in a season-opening 3-1 win over Kean on Sept. 1 at Fitzpatrick Field.
Sophomore Year (2014)
- Played in all 20 matches, including 18 as a starter.
- Tied for the team lead with five goals and had one assist for 11 points.
- Had a pair of goals in a 5-0 win over Drew on Oct. 29.
- Scored the match-winning goal in overtime in a 2-1 win over Elizabethtown in a Landmark Conference semifinal on Nov. 5.
- Also scored in wins over Eastern (6-0, Aug. 30) and Susquehanna (4-0, Sept. 27).
- Had an assist in a 2-0 win at Moravian on Oct. 25.
Freshman Year (2013)
- Started all 21 matches in the midfield and was named Landmark Conference Rookie of the Year, a first-team all-conference selection, and an NSCAA second-team All-Mid-Atlantic Region selection.
- Finished with seven goals, third-best on the team.
- Also had three assists.
- Her 17 total points were also third-best on the squad.
- Had three match-winning goals.
- Finished with 52 shots, including 23 on goal.
- Scored her first career goal to lift the Royals to a 1-0 win over Lebanon Valley on Sept. 7 at Fitzpatrick Field.
- Had the match-winning goal a day later in a 1-0 victory over York (Pa.) on Sept. 8 at Fitzpatrick Field.
- Scored a goal in a 7-0 win at Delaware Valley on Sept. 14.
- Scored for the fourth straight match when she had a goal in a 7-0 victory over Marywood on Sept. 18 at Fitzpatrick Field.
- Assisted on the match-tying goal late in regulation of a 2-1 overtime victory over Muhlenberg on Sept. 24 at Fitzpatrick Field.
- Had an assist in a 5-0 victory at Goucher on Oct. 5.
- Scored the match-winning goal in a 2-1 victory over Western Connecticut State on Oct. 9 at Fitzpatrick Field.
- Had a goal in a 2-0 victory over Susquehanna on Oct. 19 at Fitzpatrick Field.
- Scored a first-half goal in a 2-2 draw against Moravian on Oct. 23 at Fitzpatrick Field.
- Took one shot in the Royals' 1-0 loss to Endicott in an NCAA Tournament first-round match on Nov. 16 in Middlebury, Vt.
Awards & Honors
- NSCAA All-Mid-Atlantic Region 2nd-Team Selection (2013, 2014)
- NSCAA All-Mid-Atlantic Region 3rd-Team Selection (2015)
- Landmark Conference Rookie of the Year (2013)
- Landmark Conference 1st-Team Selection (2013, 2014, 2015)
- University of Scranton Athlete of the Week (Sept. 9, 2013; Nov. 3, 2014)
- Earned three varsity letters while helping Kellenberg Memorial go 36-8 over those three seasons.
- Scored 39 career goals.
- Was named second-team all-state, first-team all-Long Island, all-conference, and Catholic League AA Player of the Year as a senior after scoring 13 goals to help the Firebirds to 13-2.
- Earned all-conference honors after scoring 13 goals to help Kellenberg Memorial go 12-2 during her junior season.
- Also had 13 goals as a sophomore as the Firebirds finished 11-4.
- Was a National Honor Society and Honor Roll student.
- Daughter of Robert & Lydia Akalski
|Oct 19||Penn St.-Berks||W, 3-0|
|Oct 22||Goucher||W, 6-0|
|Oct 29||at Catholic||W, 2-1|
|Nov 1||Susquehanna||W, 1-0|
|Nov 5||Moravian||W, 2-0|
|Nov 12||vs. Connecticut Col.||T, 1-1|
|Sep 2||at Kean||W, 2-0||1||0||0||0||5||.000||0-0||0|
|Sep 3||vs. Cortland St.||W, 2-0||1||0||0||0||1||.000||0-0||0|
|Sep 6||at #12 Swarthmore||L, 1-0||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Sep 10||at Western Conn. St.||T, 4-4||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Sep 14||at Marywood||W, 4-0||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Sep 17||Farmingdale State||W, 1-0||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Sep 20||at Muhlenberg||W, 3-2||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Sep 24||at Moravian||W, 3-0||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Sep 27||Wilkes||W, 4-0||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Oct 1||Elizabethtown||W, 5-0||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Oct 5||at #25 Misericordia||W, 1-0||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Oct 8||at Susquehanna||W, 3-2||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Oct 12||Drew||W, 5-0||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Oct 15||Juniata||W, 3-0||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Oct 19||Penn St.-Berks||W, 3-0||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Oct 22||Goucher||W, 6-0||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Oct 29||at Catholic||W, 2-1||-||0||0||0||1||.000||0-0||0|
|Nov 1||Susquehanna||W, 1-0||-||0||0||0||0||-||0-0||0|
|Nov 5||Moravian||W, 2-0||-||0||0||0||0||-||0-0||0|
|Nov 12||vs. Connecticut Col.||T, 1-1||-||0||0||0||0||-||0-0||0|