|Lauren Byrne||Audrey Campo||Danielle Pikulik|
SCRANTON, Pa. – Junior Lauren Byrne (Cranford, N.J./Cranford) broke a pool record in the 200 IM and The University of Scranton women's swimming and diving team edged Drew by a score of 135-127 in dual meet action at the Byron Center on Friday night in Scranton.
With the win, the Royals improve to 8-1 in duals on the season. Here are some of the highlights from the dual meet:
- Byrne won the 200 IM in a time of 2:08.29, which broke the previous pool record of 2:08.93 that had been set by Mia Nonnenberg of Scranton Prep in 2014.
- Byrne won two other events on the evening in the 200 yard backstroke with a time of 2:12.34 and the 100 yard backstroke in a time of 1:00.72.
- Junior Audrey Campo (Clarks Summit, Pa./Scranton Prep) recorded a pair of victories for the Royals in the 50 free with a time of 25.59 and the 200 breaststroke in a time of 2:29.19.
- Freshman Danielle Pikulik (Smithtown, N.Y./St. Anthony's) won the 100 breaststroke in a time of 1:08.54.
- The Royals' quartet of junior Marycate O'Sullivan (Nanuet, N.Y./Nanuet), senior Elizabeth Howlin (Smithtown, N.Y./Smithtown West), Byrne and Campo won the 200 medley relay with a time of 1:53.43.
The Royals return to the pool on Saturday, Jan. 25 when they host Susquehanna in a dual meet at 1 p.m. The team's seniors will be honored in a ceremony prior to the meet.