|Meghan McGonigle||Hannah Tracy||Jessica Hoffmann|
SELINSGROVE, Pa. – Sophomore Meghan McGonigle (Mullica Hill, N.J./Gloucester Catholic) won the high jump with a mark of 1.57m to lead the efforts for The University of Scranton women's track and field team at the Landmark Conference Indoor Track & Field Championships that were hosted by Susquehanna University on Saturday.
The Royals finished third in the team standings with 77 points, while Moravian captured the team title with 201 points.
Here are some of the highlights from Saturday's action:
- McGonigle is the second Royal in the three year history of the program to win the high jump crown after Caroline Banas captured the event in 2018. She earned All-Landmark Conference First Team honors for her performance.
- Senior Hannah Tracy (Ramsey, N.J./Ramsey) finished second in the shot put with a toss of 10.60m and sophomore Alexandra Artone (Carbondale, Pa./Carbondale Area) took third with a mark of 10.58m. Tracy set a program record with her mark and garnered All-Landmark Second Team accolades.
- Sophomore Jessica Hoffmann (Millington, N.J./Watchung Hills) finished second in the 3,000 meter run with a personal-best time of 10:34.81 and earned All-Conference Second Team honors along with Tracy.
- The Royals' 4x200 meter relay team took second place as the quartet of freshman Fiona Burke (Exton, Pa./Bishop Shanahan), sophomore Ariana Baldwin (Far Rockaway, N.Y./Kellenberg Memorial), sophomore Lea Credidio (Denville, N.J./Mountain Lakes) and freshman Noelle Gonzalez (Harrington Park, N.J./Northern Valley-Old Tappan) finished in a program-record time of 1:50.87.
- Sophomore Christina Piscitelli (New City, N.Y./Clarkstown South) earned a bronze in the weight throw with a mark of 12.62m, while Artone finished fifth with a heave of 12.30m.
- Scranton's relay team of sophomore AnnMarie Onwuka (Newburgh, N.Y./Newburgh Free Academy), sophomore Megan Gorman (Staten Island, N.Y./St. Joseph Hill Academy), Credidio and Gonzalez finished third in the 4x400 meter relay with a program-record time of 4:15.12.
- Onwuka broke her own program record and took fourth in the 400 meter dash in a time of 1:01.97, eclipsing her previous career-best time of 1:02.76, while fellow sophomore Ally Maniscalco (Deer Park, N.Y./Deer Park) finished fourth in the pole vault with a season-best mark of 2.89m.
- Gonzalez finished fifth in the 200 meter dash in a program-record time of 27.40 seconds, while Gorman finished fifth in the 800 meters with a time of 2:28.56 and freshman Jasmine Ahmed (Farmingville, N.Y./Sachem East) broke a program record with a fifth place finish in the 60 meter hurdles in 9.92 seconds.
The Royals will compete in the AARFTC Regional Championships that will be held in Rochester, N.Y. on Friday, March 6 and Saturday, March 7.